Enty From Foal
Section To Stud Book
Sports Horse is an Open Studbook therefore any sports horse/ pony
mare or gelding regardless of parentage or pedigree can be registered
(passported or over stamped) by the SSH in accordance with EU directives.
Mares and geldings can be entered from the foal book into Stud
Book in the year that they reach the age of three or older only
upon inspection at an SSH mare Grading.
Head Stud Book For All;
- First and Second Premium mares and geldings sired by an SSH,
WBFSH or EU L1 or Approved Stallion.
- First Premium, Ster and Keur mares sired by an SSH L2 stallion.
- First Premium Geldings sired by an SSH L2 stallion.
- For all First Premium, Ster and Keur mares sired by an SSH L3
- All horses and ponies must have a minimum of three generation
Auxiliary Mare Book For All;
- Second Premium mares and geldings by an SSH L2 stallion who's
dam is a first or second premium stud book mare sired by an SSH
WBFSH licensed or Approved stallion
Foundation Foal section For All:
- Second Premium Mares or geldings by an SSH L3 stallion
- Mares or geldings sired by Non Approved stallions
- Mares or geldings sired by licensed or approved stallions that
are not EU/WBFSH members
- Third Premium foals regardless of the parents studbook status
- Foals that do not have a complete three generation pedigree.
Passport Register For all mares and geldings that
do not require an SSH breed society passport e.g. animals with unknown
breeding and non breeding stock. No pedigree will be recorded. Foals
registered with a basic passport cannot be presented at an SSH Grading.
NB Mares or Geldings registered in the Passport Register
can apply for an upgrade to a Breed Society Passport in order that
he/she be illegible for Grading and subsequently gain entry into
For more detailed information of which book your mare or gelding
will be registered please refer to the StudBook Guidelines
Stud Book Enquiries
Jackie Aird on Tel 0844 8465220
(10am -2pm Mon - Fridays)
Photography courtesy of Ree Photographics