Requirements: Owners wishing to present a stallion for
Grading should make private arrangements to have their stallions
digitally x-rayed by a veterinary practitioner
of their choice.
The SSH do not need to be informed that your
stallion is being x-rayed respecting the stallion owners confidentiality.
- Total: Minimum 22 x-rays per horse plus clinically relevant
lumps & bumps e.g. Exostoses (splints) etc.
- Front Feet shoes must be removed and feet trimmed prior to
radiography. Feet must be packed
- Digital X-RAYS must be dated and labelled
with the horses name studbook/passport number and microchip
number when available.
- Limbs must be identified with left or right.
- Digitally recorded x-rays must be submitted
on CD ROM or e-mail and must be identified on each image file.
- Digital X-rays must not be taken three months
prior to submission date..
- X-rays must be submitted to Rossdales & Partners for
reading strictly not later than the Closing date of grading as per Grading Schedule.
- A fee of £62.50 + VAT per stallion
will be charged directly to the stallion owner in advance by
Rossdale & Partners.
- The cost of X-Rays will be borne by the stallion owner.
- The SSH will not be held liable for any fees incurred by the
stallion owner regardless of the outcome.
X-rays must be submitted directly by the examining veterinary
Dr Frederic E. Barrelet DipVMS (Bern) Dr.med.vet(Bern) MRCVS;
Rossdale & Partners
Tel: 01638 663150
Dr Frederic E. Barrelet will inform your vet directly if your
stallions have passed satisfactorily. Only then
should stallion owners choose to enter the stallion for Grading.
If a stallion owners' vet disagrees with the conclusion of the
findings and results, stallion owners have the right to appeal
for a second opinion. This must be done in writing by your vet
within five working days of the results being
disclosed to owners' vet to Rossdales & Partners.
Rossdales & Partners reserve the right to request further
pictures if required, costs are at the owners expense.
When stallion owners have been notified that their stallion has
successfully met the x-ray requirements, stallion owners should
submit their Grading Entry Forms and accompanying Fees to the
SSH NOT LATER THAN THE Dates published each year
NB Stallion Owners must be fully paid SSH members and
Stallions Registered with the SSH.